It was great having the 4th of July being on a Friday so we didn't have to worry about the "morning after fireworks". We were able to get our usual spot for viewing. The night was clear, cool, and ideal. We were joined by family and friends to make the evening more special. I just love making these memories with my kids.
 |
| Pre-Show sparklers |
 |
| Jacob's giant sparkler |
Then we had the rest of the weekend to play. It was rainy on Saturday but the clouds cleared on Sunday and we made our first trip to our favorite splash pad. Jenna remembered that she doesn't like splash pads. She doesn't like the shock-factor or getting sprayed in the face. She prefers a pool. So she spent time on my lap and then made her way to the nearby playground.
 |
| She needed my glasses to keep the spray out of her eyes |
 |
| Then I had to get HER glasses |
 |
| Tippy toes |
I end on a random picture. There is something charming about my kids slipping into my shoes. It reminds me of how fast they will grow up and have the same weight on their shoulders as I do but that right now the world is their playground! What made me even more proud was when Jenna slipped on my running shoes and proclaimed "See you later, Mom, I gotta go for my run now." And I think Josie was planning to go with her.
Boy, I want to be a kid at your house! FUN! By the way, love Jenna's sunglasses . . "I want some".
ReplyDeleteYou're such a good mommy and your children are precious. Wish we were closer & could schedule play dates! Some day maybe!! Enjoy the weekend!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hales. It would be so great to get the kids together. I am just trying to make the most of them being little. It has already gone by in a flash.
ReplyDelete