Thursday, June 26, 2014

County Fair

I took the morning off to take the kids to the County Fair. The weather was perfect. The kids were well-behaved. We had so much fun. There was a petting zoo, kiddie train rides, bouncy house, friends (lots of friends) and MASCOTS (lots of mascots). Jenna is terrified of mascots. Every time we turned around, another one was trying to approach her. She cries, trembles, and clings to me. Visibly scared and they don't seem to get the hint. I asked her on the way home if she liked the fair. Her response was "Yes, but I didn't like the costumes."

We did have a unique opportunity to get a "private" sheep and beef barn tour from one of Jacob's friends who was showing both. It was great for the kids to get up close with the calves and lambs (of course I didn't think to get pictures).

Here are some shots that can't possibly capture all of the fun that we had, but better than nothing:
Miniature horse and miniature baby
Up close with a baby goat
Everyone hugs the donkey, right? No, just Jacob??
Pot-bellied momma and three little piglets
Jacob loved the bunnies
And the bunnies loved Jacob
Bounce house with friends - Great timing to run into each other
Pit stop for popcorn. Best seat in the place.
Great-Grandpa Kelley is smiling down
I don't know what the face was about...but I think it's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment