Saturday, May 4, 2013

4-Wheelin'

Every year, our town sponsors "Amnesty Day". It is one particular Saturday that you can put anything (a few restrictions) on your curb and the city will haul it away for you. So, residents start placing their items on Friday for early pick-up on Saturday. This results in others roaming town looking for "treasures"....this year, I was a scavenger.

One of my neighbors down the street put out a Power Wheels 4-wheeler. Pretty dusty. Tires are worn. No battery. However, I have a handy husband, so I drove the truck down the street to retrieve it.

Today he got it running and has plans to spruce up the tires. Our overall goal is to not have any money into this toy. So far, he was able to use the battery from the jet ski. The plan for the tires involves worn out lawn mower tires and rivets. Fingers crossed.

Once the motor was running, nothing was stopping the kids from enjoying, not even the gloomy rain clouds.

 
 
    

1 comment:

  1. Amnesty Day is an AWESOME idea - I wish our neighborhood did that!! Great find there - totally worth picking up because your kiddos love it already even if it doesn't ever run! Have fun in the sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete