Tuesday, October 19, 2010

An Evening at Noelridge

I was able to pick Jake up early today and with the weather being so nice, we decided to make a trip to Noelridge Park. While there, we fed the ducks and geese stale snacks from home. At first, he tried to feed them the treats nicely like he does the dogs. It took a few tries before he learned he had to throw it. Also, when feeding the pinwheel treats, Jake felt it necessary to "sample" each one before pitching it.

Once the snacks were doled out, we moved on to the playground. Jake surveyed the scene, tried a small swirly slide, and then he eye-balled the tallest slide in the park. I took him down it the first time, but he is far too independent for Mom's help. He climbed all the way to the top, flopped on his bum, and flung himself down without hesitation. He is such a big boy.

His little legs ran him around the park for about two hours before they couldn't go any longer. I packed him in the car and we headed out to find dinner. As we were leaving, the little voice in the backseat proudly proclaimed, "Bye-bye, Chicken". I reminded him that they were geese and ducks, and then I heard "Bye-bye, Geese. Bye-bye, Duck" (Repeat until we got to the restaurant).

I hope we have more opportunities to enjoy the park!!














No comments:

Post a Comment