Thursday, September 18, 2014

My Junior Lifegaurds

I love watching my children learn and grow. This summer, both kids made leaps and bounds with their comfort and skills in the swimming pool. At the beginning of the season, Jacob was completely reliant on his life jacket and Jenna insisted that I hold her the entire time (even with her life jacket on).

At the end of the summer, I couldn't believe how much they grew into their fins and gills. Jacob can dive to the bottom of the shallow end to retrieve objects, jump off the side and go under, float by himself, and swim the beginnings of a front crawl. He also learned how to do a kneeling dive by me showing him once.

Jenna became her own little motor boat. She would paddle herself all over the pool. She was more comfortable putting her face in the water, blowing bubbles, front/back floating with assistance, and jumping off the side.

I am proud of my little fishies. Looks like we will be visiting some indoor pools this winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment