Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I have so so much to be thankful for this year and this weekend is no exception.
  • The holiday started with wonderful friends that came to play games on Wednesday night. I am thankful for the oppportunity to have fun with great people.
  • We didn't have family dinner planned until Friday. I am thankful to have the extra day to prepare.
  • Unfortunately, both kids got colds and fevers on Thursday. I am thankful that they are feeling better today.
  • New this year, I had to work on Friday. I am thankful to have a job that I love that supports my family.
  • Friday night, we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate with the people we love but don't get to see often enough. I am thankful for those who shared the table with us.
  • Saturday and Sunday were spent quietly at home while everyone mended from their cold. It makes me sad that we didn't get home to see my family as planned. However, we took the opportunity to get the Christmas tree up and decorated. I am thankful for the special holiday memories that I am building with my children.
Mostly, I am thankful for all of those that have a special place in their hearts for my little family. Especially those that take the time to follow this blog and the little milestones in our lives. We love you all! Happy Thanksgiving and looking forward to a Merry Christmas!

Jenna reading to Wrigley (must be a naptime story)
I love that they both have the same look on their face.
Loving being outside!
Little stinker stealing Daddy's hat!
Ice cream time. I still don't know why he insisted on eating by the back door.
Want some?
Say "ice cream"!
Thankful for ham bones
 
Thankful to get away from Daddy before he could get my shirt on.
Hanging an ornament way up high
He wants me to send this picture to Santa!
 

3 comments:

  1. Frames 1 & 2 with Jenna & Wrigley - hilarious & priceless all at the same time! Pics of Jake decorating the tree are precious. Just a thought for Jenna . . . if ever you're home and need additional bedding I think we all could just keep a big (new/clean) doggie pillow in the closet and Jenna would be all set! Close to the floor, wouldn't have to worry about her falling out. Of course, you lose that "can't get out of bed herself" factor I guess. Just a thought . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post - SO important to find the silver linings, right?

    Happy Holidays to your beautiful little family, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete