Jake's pre-op appointment went well today. I was a little nervous because he got a running nose on Monday. I was almost sure that it was just allergies, but I didn't know how picky they would be.
We met with neuro-surg to sign some consent forms. Then we went to the lab for blood work. They drew from his arm (first time ever) and he didn't even flinch. I was so proud of him. They were checking his blood count, clotting factor, and presence of infection. Everything came back normal. All they found was an immune reaction to allergens.
Next we met with the department of anethesiology. They listened to his lungs and explained a little about their piece of the puzzle. We will meet with the anethesiologist assigned to Jake in the morning.
Then it was back to neuro-surg to review final details and get the offical thumbs-up on the lab work. Everything looks good to go. We are scheduled for surgery at 7:15AM tomorrow. The procedure is scheduled for approximately 12 hours. I will do my best to post updates as they come tomorrow.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. I will be watching your blog on Thursday for any updates.
ReplyDeleteDuane, Sonja, Travis & Abbie