Scott and his dad took Jake on his first fishing adventure. Jenna and I tagged along mostly for the fresh air. It was very obvious from the beginning that Jake has Cottral-blood in him. Within the first three minutes of being on the bank, Scott baited Jake's line and cast it out. While Scott was getting his own pole ready, Jake was playing around and continued to reel his line until it reached shore. When Scott went to re-cast, he lift the line and Jake had caught a fish. It was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. I truly believe that Great Grandpa Cottral had a hand in putting that fish on the hook.
The rest of the day followed a similiar pattern. Everytime Jake dropped his worm in the water, a fish was nibbling. He ended up catching 5 fish and a turtle without any assistance. He probably lost two dozen more while trying to perfect his timing. And for the record, Scott and his dad both only caught on fish each.
Below are pictures of Jake's trophies and the extent of Jenna's fishing experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment