Jacob had his two month check-up today. As Grandma Kelley predicted, the doctor said that he is perfect. While he didn't appreciate being stripped down to his nudies, he did give the nurses and doctor a smile or two while they were examining him. That is until the nurse came in and gave him his vaccinations. I have never heard him scream like that...and of course, I cried.
Other than the tears, all was well. He now weighs 13 lbs 4 oz (80th percentile). He is 24.25 inches long (75th percentile). His head circumference is 39.5 inches (30th percentile). He did really well holding his head up when the doctor put him on his tummy, better than she expected. He also had good tummy noises despite not having pooped for three days.
We return again in two months for his next check-up and another round of shots.
I totally get all teary eyed when my kids get shots too. I thought I was the only one, or I was just a wuss.
ReplyDelete